Application Deadline: January 01, 0001
- To be responsible for the on-going spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end-user support and the generation of maps and other GIS reports.
- Research, select, and evaluate map source data for use in the preparation or revision of maps and charts to various scales.
- Check and appraise the content and accuracy of maps, charts, and printing proofs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ensure mapping and GIS products conform to specifications and survey data.
- Confer with team members on the continual development of workflow and standards best practices.
- Maintain company standards and other associated work instruction documents in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Participate regularly and actively in all aspects of the health and safety program as outlined by the Health and Safety Department.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as required.
- Degree in geomatics or a relevant discipline such as cartography, geography, or engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of direct work experience using ArcGIS desktop.
- Familiarity with FME, Global Mapper, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Apps is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal and/or construction surveying is an asset.
- Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude, strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Outstanding work environment that fosters safety, encourages teamwork, and challenging work opportunities.
- Career and personal development opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- UGS is committed to finding solutions to help maximize Sustainability for industry at large. With industry-leading program development in Indigenous Inclusion, Environmental Sustainability, and Safety, UGS prioritizes a best-in-class workplace for our entire team and pursues innovative initiatives to enhance the beneficial impact of our operations on all stakeholders. As such, it is the responsibility of every member of our team to support and contribute to these endeavours.